This business can be traced back to 1933, when the first tiles were industrially produced in Mexico. With the acquisition of Porcelanite in November 2007, the Porcelanite-Lamosa business has become the largest ceramic tile producer in the world with a production capacity of over 120 million square meters.
Porcelanite-Lamosa offers a broad portfolio through its brands, such as: Porcelanite, Lamosa, Itálica and Firenze Tecnoarte presenting the following advantages:
Porcelanite-Lamosa leads the Mexican market in the commercialization of ceramic tiles thanks to its strong distribution network. Besides supplying the domestic market, exports have become an important and growing part of the business with over 20% of sales in the United States, Central and South America.
This business has implemented a growth and technological upgrading strategy in recent years which has leaded it to become one of the major manufactures in Mexico with state-of-the-art technology and, as a consequence, the business has reached high levels of productivity and is able to manufacture high value added products with superior quality. The continue innovation to launch products with new designs, formats and better characteristics is the results of its human talent and technology which let Porcelanite-Lamosa offer beautiful, personalized and lasting atmospheres, more than just a ceramic wall and floor tiles.
- Innovative products with multiple choices of textures, colors, finishes and styles to create tailor-made expressions.
- Ceramic tiles that contributes to sustainable construction by allowing credits for LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification.
- First Mexican manufacturer certified under the sustainable standard “Green Squared” of TCNA (Tile Council of North America).
- Geographic coverage in the United States, Central and South America.
- State-of-the-art technology.